The descriptions of the 20inch 25mm carbon rim BC25W30.
The 20inch 25mm carbon rim BC25W30 is clincher type. The BMX carbon rim internal width is 23mm. Which is capable of supporting 23C-50C tires. This carbon fiber rim is stiffer, responsive with minimal turning weight. So it has allow the riders to accelerate faster and maintain power longer. Besides, this all-around rim can make you a track legend or trail boss.
Moreover, the rim has used new developed carbon layup. This has make a great balance of weight and strength. In addition, the clincher type has created high-end quality and performance for the BMX rider.
The features of the BMX 25mm carbon rim with 30mm width.
- The BC25W30 carbon rim has constructed with premium full carbon Toray T700 & T800 carbon fiber material. The material has made the rim in great strength but with super lightweight. If you want to know how is the rim produce, please click here to know more.
- The clincher type, it is easy to repair punctures, just by c
- arrying spare inner tubes. Besides, it is easy to change tire and this can finish in minutes.
- Wider carbon rim has offered better aerodynamic performance. It is better handling and faster riding speed in crosswind conditions.
- More wider carbon rims can improve cornering speed by helping the tire side knobs to bit in and preventing the tire from collapsing or “burp” under heavy cornering loads.
- The warranty of the rim is 2 years, but this does not include the normal wear and tear. Each rim has its series number which is better to provide after-sale service.
What is the pros and cons of the carbon clincher rims?
The carbon clincher rim is easy to installation and repair. It is standard tube and tire settings. The athletes can change tubes on site. Participating in a triathlon is very expensive. And athletes don’t want to ruin their race by riding their bike legs. The clincher type design allows the athlete to install a new tube and continue racing. Moreover, the athletes can train and race with the carbon clincher rims.
However, there are also some disadvantages of the clincher type. First, the clincher rims are heavier than the carbon tubular rims. Second, it is the puncture resistance. Pinch flat. Hit a pothole hard and you’ll pinch it flat. Third, the rim delamination. It is also possible to cause the rim to overheat on the braking surface due to excessive braking on the downhill. This may lead to delamination or permanent warping of the rim. But now we have used high TG resin temperature of 255° material,which better solve the heating problems on the carbon bicycle wheel rim brake caliper.