The descriptions of asymmetric 38mm carbon wheelset hookless 700C.
The asymmetric 38mm carbon wheelset hookless internal width is 21mm. The wider carbon rims makes it easier to fit the tubeless tires. It can fit larger tires from 28 to 45mm. And the low 38mm profile suits for riding on a variety of terrains. Such as road, trail, gravel and dirt. Besides, the hookless design provides better impact resistance for road disc wheels. Moreover, an internal bead lock can keep the tire bead tight, help preventing air loss from impact or excessive cornering.
In addition, the 2.6mm asymmetric profile has created stiffer, lighter and more reliable road disc brake wheel. Furthermore, the road disc brake frames offer more tire clearance, wider rims and tubeless carbon fiber wheels would be a better choice.
The features of the asymmetric 38mm carbon wheelset hookless 700C.
- The carbon rim 38mm asymmetric 2.6mm material has used full carbon fiber Toray T700 & T800 combination. Which has made the carbon wheels more lighter and in great high stronger. If you want to know more of the carbon rim production process, please click here.
- The wider rim system provides better aerodynamics, faster riding and better handling in crosswind conditions.
- U shape aerodynamic shape makes the road tubeless carbon rim super lightweight but still in stiff and stable in crosswind conditions.
- The spoke holes angled has customized according to the hub geometric. The angled spoke holes have allow the nipple to pull straight with the spokes to reduce the stress then reducing spoke and nipple broken.
- The carbon wheel have come up with black new design Huami hub, black 1423 spokes and black nipples. We do also have different types of the hubs, such as the DT Swiss 350S, 240S, Bitex, Powerway etc. Spokes have the CX-Ray Sapim, 1420 etc. Therefore, if you want to have a handmade custom carbon wheel, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What is carbon offset wheel(carbon asymmetric wheel)?
The carbon offset wheels are asymmetrically wheels that differ from regular bicycle wheels. Because their spoke holes has drilled off the center of the rim. Originally, the offset carbon wheels were first used on the mountain bikes. But now are more and more popular in road and gravel bikes.
So, what is the benefits of the asymmetric carbon wheel?
The asymmetrical rim profile has improved disc rim support angles and better balanced spoke tension between the drive and non-drive sides of the carbon fiber rim. This brings a number of benefits to offset wheels:
- The offset carbon wheel are more durable.
The spokes in an offset wheel will be at higher tension than a regular symmetrical wheel, so the offset wheel will require less re-trimming. When the spoke tension is even, the spokes on the drive side are less prone to loosening over time.
- Offset rim Increased lateral stiffness and vertical compliance.
Reducing the severity of the drive-side spoke angle increases lateral wheel strength. Then it can also increased vertical compliance for enhanced control.
- Lighter material Japan Toray T700 & T800.
The carbon rim has constructed with full carbon T700 & T800 material. So the offset wheels can provide substantial riding comfort, while still being lightweight and fast. Then the comfort will not come at the expense of the weight.